All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to email@example.com, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Director of Marketing & Sales Support
Position Reports to: VP Marketing & Communications
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist VP Marketing & Communications with developing, planning, implementing, analyzing, managing and budgeting current and new marketing programs & initiatives to generate ticket sales revenue and engagement.
- Work closely with Ticket Sales Senior Staff to effectively market tickets, communicate to season ticket holders, and identify target markets and customers throughout season.
- Develop and help execute strategic marketing to extend brand awareness, build customer engagement and generate/meet revenue goals.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of season’s marketing plan and the development of goals and objectives.
- Responsible for creating, executing, and fulfilling advertising and promotional support for ticket sales, service & retention, group sales, premium sales, camps & community basketball, and merchandise.
- Management of copy and creative to supplement the above through TV, radio, print, website, outdoor, email, team collateral, digital, social and incremental barter with advertising mediums in the market.
- Concept and manage team collateral: season ticket holder renewals, season ticket holder gifts, ticket incentives, tickets, premiums, calendars & schedules, etc.
- Manage relationships with key partners/vendors to effectively market team inventory.
- Negotiate barter/promotional agreements with major media outlets including outdoor, print, digital, etc to further support or enhance team programs.
- Work closely with and build relationships with NBA on team and league level, sharing and creating best practices across league.
- Manage and/or assist with event planning for ticket sales related events: ticket loyalty events, season ticket holder perks, season ticket holder appreciation events, draft, tipoff events, etc
- Manage and drive digital marketing. Plan, execute and measure results to drive revenue and engagement for team. Evaluate emerging technologies while recognizing new and creative growth strategies.
- Digital Marketing – provide support to Digital Marketing Staff (email marketing, web and social) to create and expand digital marketing efforts, while providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption.
- Game Operations – generate new ideas, manage and execute marketing and ticket sales needs for in game presentation, theme nights, group nights, and fan engagement opportunities.
- Camps/Leagues – provide support to VP Mavs Basketball Academy on camps/leagues collateral, marketing, and advertising support. Managing and creating marketing programs and initiatives to generate sales and grow program.
- Merchandise – provide support to Director of Merchandise on marketing of team merchandise objectives. Managing and creating marketing programs and initiatives to generate sales revenue.
- Street Team Marketing – manage and research events for street team grassroots marketing events. Managing and creating collateral to promote ticket sales and Mavs initiatives, managing budgets, negotiating booth space, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field from a four-year college or university
- Six+ years of experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Proven ability to lead through influence, flexibility and diplomacy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, practices, and terminology of advertising, marketing, public relations programs
- A strategist capable of implementing long and short term integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders and business partners by providing guidance and direction on marketing objectives
- Organized, energetic individual capable of working effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinker and self-starter willing to work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement solutions
- Strong organizational skills, written & oral communication skills, team-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of Dallas market preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Strong work ethic and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Player Development Interns
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking part-time Player Development Interns for the 2017-18 season. Primary tasks will involve assisting Mavs coaches with on court drills and workouts. Candidates must be willing to work early mornings, evenings and weekends and be on call when the team is in town. Maximum hours not to exceed 29 per week. Previous basketball experience at collegiate or professional level required. Recent collegiate basketball playing experience is preferred. Candidates must be in good physical condition to carry out the duties of the position. Must have access to an iPad (2nd generation or newer). This position will begin September 1 and end when the season is complete. These are paid positions. Successful candidates must complete a satisfactory background check and drug screen. Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Cuban Companies an investment firm in Dallas Texas is looking for qualified individuals to provide design and technical assistance to startup and established companies in the ecommerce space with an emphasis on driving traffic and increasing sales.
We are looking for a Web Developer with experience in Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce and WordPress platforms, as well as non commerce , mobile optimized sites
Ideal candidate will have the skills required to create, support and optimize ecommerce sites for each platform as well as support existing, advanced sites
Skills And Qualifications
Graphic Design: Web Design, Logo Design, Graphics, Web Development and Creative Direction.
Experiences on ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce and WordPress/Woocommerce
Experience with Shopify templating/theming.
Experience with Merchant accounts, and PayPal and Amazon payment processes
Incorporates best design practices for SEO and sales / marketing strategies.
Graphic Design: 3 years
paid web programming: 3 years
Resumes to be sent to email@example.com in a Word document.
You’re a video guru with a passion for basketball, and a self-starter capable of producing video content for the Dallas Mavericks as well as other Mark Cuban Companies.
- Conceive, write, produce, film, and edit short video content for web, social media, and broadcast
- Collaborate with a team of 3-5 other creatives to coordinate the production of multiple video projects per week, while also being capable of working autonomously
- Report on success of online content distribution to inform overall content production strategy
- Passion for and knowledge of NBA basketball
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder required
- Working knowledge and operation of multiple camera platforms
- Time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to work long, but flexible hours, including game nights
Please send resume and video production sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
50/50 Raffle Sales Representative – Mavs Foundation
Full/Part: Part Time, Seasonal
Reports to: 50/50 Raffle Sales Supervisor
Category: Sales & Marketing: Fundraising/Major Gifts
This position will be the driving sales force behind the 50/50 Raffle Program benefiting the Mavs Foundation. This seasonal position will start in late February and run through the conclusion of the playoffs for the Dallas Mavericks.
A 50/50 raffle is a raffle that will take place at all home games of the teams in accordance with Texas law, where one lucky winner will receive 50% of the jackpot (after allowable expenses) from that night’s event, while the team foundation will receive the other 50% to be dedicated to their ongoing charitable efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a punctual, hard-working and enthusiastic salesperson with excellent communications skills. This employee will be responsible for the nightly sales of raffle tickets to help benefit the charities and programs the Mavs Foundations supports.
- Game night selling of raffle tickets to Dallas Mavericks fans within the American Airlines Center in either a stationary kiosk location or as a roaming sales representative
- Accepting and accounting for large sums of cash on a nightly basis
- Communication of the 50/50 raffle rules and procedures clearly to potential customers
- High school graduate (College graduate preferred)
- Energetic personality with some level sales experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to be able to stand and walk for long periods of time in a hectic sports arena environment
- Non-traditional working hours are required for this position while teams are in market. Must be able to attend at least 70% of all Dallas Mavericks home games
- Each game night commitment will be approximately 4-5 hours total, beginning 2 hours before the start of the game
- Must represent the team exceptionally both in appearance and conduct at all times
- A passion for sports and/or charity work with a comfortable knowledge of the working environment in a professional sports arena
Resumes may be submitted to the Dallas Mavericks by email in a word document attachment directed to email@example.com
The Dallas Mavericks and the Mavs Foundation are Equal Employment Opportunity Companies
Corporate Account Executive
The Dallas Mavericks have an opening for a Corporate Account Executive in our Corporate Sponsorship Sales Department. This position is responsible for the sales and service of corporate sponsorships and advertising through a variety of mediums including, TV, radio, print, internet, signage, corporate promotions, hospitality, special events, grass roots programs, and community relations efforts.
Responsibilities include prospecting of new corporate partners/advertisers, designing and presenting custom tailored proposals, executing existing and new partner marketing objectives, maintaining an open rapport with partners to assure all sponsorship elements within the sponsorship agreement/contract are being fulfilled and executed , renewing and increasing the investment level, and/or increase the number of years in each sponsorship agreement during the renewal period at seasons end.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential element satisfactorily.
The employee must also possess the following qualifications:
Five years of sales experience, a college degree in business, advertising/marketing communications or equivalent related field experience in radio, TV or sports marketing sales. Communications and presentation skills (written and verbal), ability to interact with and build relationships with new and existing clients, ability to work well with other team members and have the ability to work long hours (during the season), possess a professional demeanor, be detail oriented, persistent, creative, computer literate, team oriented and individual accountability.
The position does require significant time away from the office for solicitation, fulfillment/execution of agreements all the while fulfilling office responsibilities (emails, phone calls, reports, etc., thus necessitating good time management skills.
Compensation is comprised of salary plus commission along with an outstanding benefits plan.
Resumes may be submitted to the Dallas Mavericks by email in a word document attachment directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
50/50 Raffle Sales Supervisor
Reports to: 50/50 Raffle Project Manager
Status: Part time – Hourly
Summary of Role:
This position will be the driving sales and operational force behind the launch and execution of the 50/50 Raffle Program benefiting the Mavs Foundation. This seasonal position will start in February and run through the conclusion of the playoffs for the Dallas Mavericks.
A 50/50 raffle is a raffle that will take place at all home games of the teams in accordance with Texas law, where one lucky winner will receive 50% of the pot (after allowable expenses) from that night’s event, while the team foundation will receive the other 50% to be dedicated to their ongoing charitable efforts.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and sales-oriented, a leader of people, able to work effectively with executive level staffers as well as hourly waged workers. This employee will be responsible for the nightly operations of the program in conjunction with the Raffle Project Manager.
- All training and instruction for game night sales staff.
- Scheduling of nightly game night sales staff.
- Staff incentives program and evaluations on a nightly basis to insure best quality customer service and sales results.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the 50/50 Raffle software and hardware technology with the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.
- Cash reconciliation and reporting responsibilities to both team foundations on a nightly basis.
- Oversee and enforce the consistency of Dallas Mavericks, Mavs Foundation and American Airlines center branding in all public forums.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally with a an emphasis in sales, event management or sports management
- 2 years’ experience in leading a large group of employees or volunteers in some sales or event related sports field.
- Energetic with the ability to naturally manage both up and down organizational hierarchies
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a stressful and hectic game night environment
- Non-traditional working hours are required for this position while teams are in market. Traditional game night work hours would begin at 5:00 p.m. and end at the conclusion of the game typically 10:00 p.m.
- Must be able to attend at least 75% of each home regular season and playoff game for the Dallas Mavericks during the 2015-16 season.
- A passion for sports and a comfortable knowledge of the working environment in a professional sports arena.
About the Mavs Foundation
The Mavs Foundation is dedicated to building a stronger community by empowering youth, women and families who need us most through financial support, advocacy and service. Established in October 1996, the Mavs Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation affiliated with the Dallas Mavericks professional basketball team. Over the last 20 years, the Mavs Foundation has granted over $3.5 million dollars to nonprofit organizations serving women, children and families in need and created Reading and Learning Centers and basketball courts across the North Texas community. For more information, visit MavsFoundation.com.
Submit resume via email to email@example.com