Mavs Foundation Mavs Ball 2018
2018 Mavs Foundation Mavs Ball Recap
The Dallas Mavericks Foundation (The Mavs Foundation) is dedicated to building a stronger community by empowering youth, women and families who need us most through financial support, advocacy and service.
2018-2019 GRANT APPLICATIONS:
Grant applications are NOW AVAILABLE for the 2018-2019 year. Be sure to complete Part 1 (application) and Part 2 (supplemental documents upload ) of the application process in order to be eligible for consideration.
Complete the Online Grant Application and upload supplemental documents by 5 pm on Friday, June 29, 2018.
Grants & Special Projects:
- Grants ($25,000): Each year, the Board of Trustees selects organizations for $25,000 grants to support program costs for programs that assist children, women and families in need.
- Basketball Court Refurbishment Project: Each season, the Mavs Foundation refurbishes a basketball court at a local nonprofit or community organization to encourage healthy living and provide a safe place for children and residents in the community. Learn more.
- Reading & Learning Center Project: Each season, the Mavs Foundation creates a new Reading & Learning Center at a local nonprofit in need of a new education/reading room or computer lab in order to expand learning opportunities and provide access to technology for children, teens and adults. Learn more.
- Special Projects (up to $10,000): On occasion, the board of directors will approve grants for special projects such as holiday programs, transportation and/or miscellaneous short-term projects with well-defined funding needs up to $10,000.
In order to receive funding from the Mavs Foundation, organizations must:
- Qualify as a 501(c)3 tax exempt public charity, with 501(c)3 status that has been active for at least two years
- Operate programs within 75 miles of American Airlines Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Provide programming that benefits children, women or families in North Texas
- Use the funding within the designated grant year (October 2018 – September 2019)
Grants will NOT be made to:
- Public, Private or Charter Schools
- National organizations that do not have local, financially independent chapters
Grants will NOT be made for:
- Medical research
- Political campaigns or fundraising events, including the purchase of tables, tickets or advertisements
The Mavs Foundation does not commit funds for multi-year grants, endowment campaigns, administrative costs, advertising or fundraising drives, intermediary funding agencies and/or research. If an organization is awarded a grant for two consecutive years, that organization will be ineligible for an award the following year.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees and selections made at the annual board meeting in October and grant notifications in November. There is one grant cycle annually.
Due to the overwhelming number of grant applications received, selected grant recipients will be notified via e-mail/phone. All other grant applicants will receive notification via email following the selected recipients’ notification. Please do not call for status notification.
1333 N. Stemmons Fwy. #105
Dallas, TX 75207
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAVS FOUNDATION PAST GRANTS AND PROJECTS.