Mavs Ball 2017 Recap
Mavs Ball 2017 Recap
The Dallas Mavericks Foundation (The Mavs Foundation) is dedicated to building a stronger community by empowering youth, women and families who need us most through financial support, advocacy and service.
2017-2018 GRANT APPLICATIONS:
Grant applications are NOW AVAILABLE. Please review the below eligibility requirements and if eligible, complete the online application by 5 p.m. on June 30, 2017 in order to be eligible for consideration.
2017-2018 Grants & Special Projects:
- 2017-2018 Grants ($25,000): Each year, the Board of Trustees selects 4-6 organizations for $25,000 grants to support program costs for programs that assist children, women and families in need.
- Basketball Court Refurbishment Project: Each season, the Mavs Foundation refurbishes a basketball court at a local nonprofit or community organization to encourage healthy living and provide a safe place for children and residents in the community.
- Reading & Learning Center Project: Each season, the Mavs Foundation creates a new Reading & Learning Center at a local nonprofit in need of a new education/reading room or computer lab in order to expand learning opportunities and provide access to technology for children, teens and adults.
- Special Projects (up to $10,000): On occasion, the board of directors will approve grants for special projects such as holiday programs, transportation and/or miscellaneous short-term projects with well-defined funding needs up to $10,000.
In order to receive funding from the Mavs Foundation, organizations must:
- Qualify as a 501(c)3 tax exempt public charity, with 501(c)3 status that has been active for at least two years
- Operate programs within 75 miles of American Airlines Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Provide programming that benefits children, women or families in North Texas
- Use the funding within the designated grant year (Oct. 2017 – Sep. 2018)
Grants will NOT be made to:
- Public, Private or Charter Schools
- National organizations that do not have local, financially independent chapters
Grants will NOT be made for:
- Medical research
- Political campaigns or fundraising events, including the purchase of tables, tickets or advertisements
The Mavs Foundation does not commit funds for multi-year grants, endowment campaigns, administrative costs, advertising or fundraising drives, intermediary funding agencies and/or research. If an organization is awarded a grant for two consecutive years, that organization will be ineligible for an award the following year.
TO APPLY FOR A GRANT:
1. Complete the ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION FORM
2. Upload supplemental documents, including:
- Itemized budget of $25,000 grant (please be as specific as possible with expenses, notes or clarifications on how the money will be utilized)
- Overall project budget
- Copy of IRS final determination letter
- Roster of Officers and Board Members
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All applications must be received in our office by 5 p.m. June 30, 2017. Applications that are received after 5 p.m. will not be considered.The Mavs Foundation does not commit funds for multi-year grants, endowment campaigns, administrative costs, advertising or fundraising drives, intermediary funding agencies and/or research. If an organization is awarded a grant for two consecutive years, that organization will be ineligible for an award the following year.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees and selections made at the annual board meeting in October and grant notifications in November.
There is one grant cycle annually.
Due to the overwhelming number of grant applications received, selected grant recipients will be notified via e-mail/phone. All other grant applicants will receive notification via mail. Please do not call for status notification.
2909 Taylor Street
Dallas, Texas 75226
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAVS FOUNDATION PAST GRANTS AND PROJECTS.