All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Marketing & Communications
Status: Part-Time (Must stay under 25 hours per week)
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Timeframe: July-September; 25 hours/week (3-4 days per week) including some nights/weekends
DALLAS MAVERICKS DESIGN INTERN
The Mavs seek a design intern to join the in-house creative team, communicating the voice of the Dallas Mavericks brand.
Candidate will be responsible for assisting the design team in producing a wide array of digital and print materials that service the needs of all business divisions.
The intern will develop their ability to communicate and provide effective design solutions for advertising, branding, and collateral materials.
In addition, the design intern will assist in managing brand assets, conducting design research and handling additional needs with a high degree of flexibility.
Dallas Mavericks creative team owns the Mavericks brand, and a cohesive visual marketing identity across all design platforms is a must.
Candidates with a passion for extremely fast-paced environment and for crafting unforgettable experiences should apply.
- Develop, update and manage existing files & marketing materials
- Research sports design trends and present findings
- Create corporate sponsor & ticket sales materials
- Initiate template ideas for recurring projects
- Develop concepts for a variety of advertising and marketing material
- Assist in creating various signage, logo design, fan collateral items
- Copy, photo and design layout for print, digital, out of home, and apparel
- Communicate with project owners to understand objectives
- Ensure creative execution of the highest quality, delivering projects that meet or exceed expectations and standards
Qualifications and necessary skills:
- Graduated with or currently working on a B.A. or B.F.A. in Visual Communications or other
- Must work creatively and proactively in a team environment
- File management and organizational skills a must
- Proficiency with Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- File management and organizational skills a must
- Experience in logo design, copy and photo/advertisement layout, photo selection and cutouts
- Ability to proofread copy
- Fundamental understanding of typography
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to visually communicate ideas from concept to execution
- Experience translating creative strategy into direction, design and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with competing priorities
- Time management and ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment a must
- Portfolio should represent a range of design styles and diversity of projects. Candidate will be evaluated on skills and portfolio of work.
- Interested candidates should provide a portfolio link and resume.
Submit resumes and portfolio link to: email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic marketing to extend brand awareness, build customer engagement and generate/meet revenue goals
- Assist VP Marketing & Communications with developing, planning, implementing, analyzing, managing & budgeting current and new marketing programs and initiatives to generate ticket sales revenue and fan engagement
- Work closely with VP Marketing & Communications and VP Ticket Sales to effectively market tickets, communicate to season ticket holders, and identify target markets and customers throughout season
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of season’s marketing plan and the development of goals and objectives
- Responsible for creating, executing, and fulfilling advertising and promotional support for ticket sales, service and retention, group sales, premium sales, camps & community basketball, events & activities
- Management of copy and creative to supplement the above through TV, radio, print, website, outdoor, email, team collateral, and incremental barter with advertising mediums in the market
- Concept and manage team collateral: season ticket holder renewals, season ticket holder gifts, ticket incentives, tipoff programs, tickets, premiums, calendars & schedules, etc
- Manage relationships with key partners/vendors to effectively market team inventory
- Work closely with and build relationships with NBA on team and league level, sharing and creating best practices across league
- Negotiate barter/promotional agreements with major media outlets including outdoor, print, digital, etc to further support or enhance team programs
- Manage and/or assist with event planning for team related events: ticket loyalty events, season ticket holder appreciation, tipoff events, etc
- Game operations – generate new ideas, manage and execute all marketing and ticket sales needs for in game presentation
- Camps/leagues – provide support to Director of Camps & Community Basketball on camps/leagues collateral and advertising support
- Large Scale Events – provide support to Director of Events on all large scale events, generating ideas, promoting, collateral and advertising support, ensuring Mavs brand is connecting with fans and staying relevant all year round
- Manage budgets and invoices for the marketing department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field from a four-year college or university
- Seven+ years of experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Proven ability to lead through influence, flexibility and diplomacy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, practices, and terminology of advertising, marketing, public relations programs
- A strategist capable of implementing long and short term integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders and business partners by providing guidance and direction on marketing objectives
- Organized, energetic individual capable of working effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker and self-starter willing to work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement solutions
- Strong organizational skills, written & oral communication skills, team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of Dallas market preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Strong work ethic and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Submit resumes with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Editor Intern
The Dallas Mavericks, are currently seeking a Video Editor Intern. We are looking for a creative mind who knows how to tell a story and catch the attention of the audience through high quality and compelling video production. This is an opportunity to support game day, event production and work in the exciting professional sports and entertainment industry. We are looking for qualified candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment and bring new and innovative ideas to our team. The position reports to the Creative & Game Day Director.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assist with video production by shooting, editing, and creating special projects when needed
- Assist with the logging of Highlights, in-arena show, and televised broadcast
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, After effects
- Graphic Design for LED and Ribbon Boards is a plus
- Working knowledge of shooting/lighting for video production
- Working knowledge of the Dallas Mavericks and NBA
- A passion for basketball and technology
- Extremely Organized
- Ability to partner in a team environment while working in a fast-paced setting
- Flexibility to work home games and events which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe your knowledge of the NBA and Dallas Mavericks.
2. Submit a Demo Reel
Submit resume via email to email@example.com
The Controller will be primarily responsible for all financial reporting, including compiling, analyzing, reviewing, and issuing internal and external financial statements, in addition to other specialized reports. Additionally, this position is responsible for monitoring and analyzing cash flow, revenue, and expense trends for the entire company.
- Oversee financial close and generate/review financial statements on a quarterly basis
- Produce annual budget/projection, with multiple updates throughout the year
- Review all balance sheet, departmental spending, and revenue streams on a regular basis
- Produce year-end financial statements/manage auditor relationship
- Produce monthly cash flow analysis and manage projected operating and long term debt requirements
- Produce NBA-specific reports such as BRI (Basketball Related Income) and CFS (Consolidated Financial Statements) and manage auditor relationship for both
- Develop, update, and maintain existing models that can be repeatedly used to gather various financial and statistical information for required reports
- Track and analyze receipts from ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, broadcast rights, equity in NBA entities, parking, merchandise sales, concessions sales, and other miscellaneous revenue sources
- Review company-wide departmental budget-to-actuals on a regular basis
- Directly approve expenditures and prepare budget-to-actual reports for select departments
- Manage receivable/payable relationship with the NBA and oversee intricate ticket sales reporting process
- Manage receivable/payable relationship with the American Airlines Center
- Manage receivable/payable relationship with various related parties
- Analyze game attendance (“drop count”), per cap spending, and ticket sales on a nightly basis
- College degree required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 10 years experience strongly preferred
- Professional sports industry experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to create and operate complex financial models required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Experience with Solomon or comparable accounting software strongly preferred
- Experience with Arctics or comparable ticketing software preferred
Submit resume and salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org