All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to email@example.com, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Staff Accountant / Financial Analyst
Work closely with the Controller and Treasurer to support all daily/weekly/monthly accounting functions for 70+ entities, including but not limited to:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Charter trip reconciliations
- Verify invoices for accuracy and resolve promptly all material errors with vendor, escalating disputes to higher levels in management as needed
- Investment funding and capital calls documentation and verification
- Journal entries
- Closing entries
- Monthly reconciliations of multiple accounts including various bank/credit card statements
- Process daily/weekly invoices/deposits as necessary
- Ad-hoc reports
Assist with clerical/administrative tasks including but not limited to: document processing, records requests, bank deposits, mail runs, interoffice communications, sorting and filing.
Audit support: including tax, internal, 401k, aviation and NBA audits.
Legal team support: provide timely access to requests for financial data.
Ensure that historical accounting records reflect actual transactions and verify/adjust QuickBooks to reflect.
Work with Aviation operations department to process and review monthly credit card statements and verify/track expenses.
Assist aviation management team with season travel and ad hoc pricing. This includes expense tracking, budgeting and heavy spreadsheet work.
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Minimum 2-3 ears work experience in financial fields with an emphasis on accounting.
- Relevant work experience includes: family office support, corporate finance/accounting, commercial banking.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in the workplace.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong multi-tasking and work organization skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- People/project management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and internet capabilities.
- Desire to be part of a dynamic and growing family office.
- Ability to take on new projects and as they come up.
Resumes along with salary history may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 214-696-3380
Job Title: Activation Manager
Department Name: Corporate Sponsorships
Position Reports To: Director Sponsorship Activation
Summary of Position Responsibility:
The core responsibility of the Activation Manager is to work directly with the Corporate Account Executives and their clients to manage and fulfill sponsorship obligations. The Activation Manager is responsible for managing all in-game elements on behalf of our corporate clients, including but not limited to on-court contests, fan interaction and engagement, videoboard features and graphics, PA copy, collateral material, and all aspects of overall fan experience. The Activation Manager provides support in the creation, development and activation of various sponsored initiatives, community relations programs, and marketing events. The Activation Manager is an integral member of the Corporate Sponsorship Team and will work with each corporate account executive, internal departments and clients to develop overall sponsorship programs to effectively connect our Corporate Sponsors to Dallas Mavericks fan base. To perform at a high level, this person must have great attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to see the “big picture” to maximize the overall results and be successful.
Essential Elements & Duties: (additional duties may be assigned)
- Serve as department liaison with other departments in the Mavs organization to ensure client obligations are achieved
- Attend client meetings with CAE’s as Activation representative and creative resource and manage day-to-day client relationships
- Generate ideas for new sponsorship opportunities including but not limited to in-game elements and on-court contests, retail promotions, events, website features, and community relations programs
- Schedule game night sponsor activities and track and ensure fulfillment of all sold inventory – write PA copy, coordinate scoreboard graphics and spots, develop game production notes
- Provide direction for game night entertainment
- Handle prize fulfillment for sponsored promotions
- Serve as industry category expert and manage account categorizations for NBA STAR reports.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential element at a high level. The employee must also have the following qualifications:
- Previous Activation Experience with a professional sports team required (NBA Team preferred)
- College Degree (Sport Marketing/Advertising/Marketing ideal) with 4+ years of practical experience in sports sponsorships
- Experience or general knowledge of sales tactics and client management
- Knowledge of print, broadcast, and premium production processes
- Computer knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Outlook) with graphic design experiences a plus
- Attention to detail is critical
- Strong organization and strong communication skills – writing skills are especially important
- Ability to properly prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to work with many different personality types
- Be comfortable working in an intense and fast paced environment
- Time management
- Self motivation (ability to work independently)
- Able to work all home games and sponsored special events – including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
Environment Work Conditions:
Normal office environment. No unusual circumstances.
Submit resume via email word document to email@example.com