All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DALLAS MAVERICKS DESIGN INTERN
Design Intern Department: Marketing & Communications
Status: Part-Time (25 hours per week)
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Timeframe: July-September; 25 hours/week (3-4 days per week) including some nights/weekends
The Mavs seek a design intern to join the in-house creative team, communicating the voice of the Dallas Mavericks brand. Candidate will be responsible for assisting the design team in producing a wide array of digital and print materials that service the needs of all business divisions. The intern will develop their ability to communicate and provide effective design solutions for advertising, branding, and collateral materials. In addition, the design intern will assist in managing brand assets, conducting design research and handling additional needs with a high degree of flexibility. Dallas Mavericks creative team owns the Mavericks brand, and a cohesive visual marketing identity across all design platforms is a must. Candidates with a passion for extremely fast-paced environment and for crafting unforgettable experiences should apply.
- Develop, update and manage existing files & marketing materials
- Research sports design trends and present findings
- Create corporate sponsor & ticket sales materials
- Initiate template ideas for recurring projects
- Develop concepts for a variety of advertising and marketing material
- Assist in creating various signage, logo design, fan collateral items
- Copy, photo and design layout for print, digital, out of home, and apparel
- Communicate with project owners to understand objectives
- Ensure creative execution of the highest quality, delivering projects that meet or exceed expectations and standards
Qualifications and necessary skills:
- Graduated with or currently working on a B.A. or B.F.A. in Visual Communications or other related field
- Must work creatively and proactively in a team environment
- File management and organizational skills a must
- Proficiency with Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- File management and organizational skills a must
- Experience in logo design, copy and photo/advertisement layout, photo selection and cutouts
- Ability to proofread copy
- Fundamental understanding of typography
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to visually communicate ideas from concept to execution
- Experience translating creative strategy into direction, design and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with competing priorities
- Time management and ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment a must
Portfolio should represent a range of design styles and diversity of projects. Candidate will be evaluated on skills and portfolio of work.
Interested candidates should provide a portfolio link and resume.
Submit resume via email word document to email@example.com or fax to (214) 658-7121
Department Name: Corporate Sponsorships
Position Reports To: Director Sponsorship Activation
Summary of Position Responsibility:
The core responsibility of the Activation Manager is to work directly with the Corporate Account Executives and their clients to manage and fulfill sponsorship obligations. The Activation Manager is responsible for managing all in-game elements on behalf of our corporate clients, including but not limited to on-court contests, fan interaction and engagement, videoboard features and graphics, PA copy, collateral material, and all aspects of overall fan experience. The Activation Manager provides support in the creation, development and activation of various sponsored initiatives, community relations programs, and marketing events. The Activation Manager is an integral member of the Corporate Sponsorship Team and will work with each corporate account executive, internal departments and clients to develop overall sponsorship programs to effectively connect our Corporate Sponsors to Dallas Mavericks fan base. To perform at a high level, this person must have great attention to detail, strong work ethic and ability to see the “big picture” to maximize the overall results and be successful.
Essential Elements & Duties: (additional duties may be assigned)
- Serve as department liaison with other departments in the Mavs organization to ensure client obligations are achieved
- Attend client meetings with CAE’s as Activation representative and creative resource and manage day-to-day client relationships
- Generate ideas for new sponsorship opportunities including but not limited to in-game elements and on-court contests, retail promotions, events, website features, and community relations programs
- Schedule game night sponsor activities and track and ensure fulfillment of all sold inventory – write PA copy, coordinate scoreboard graphics and spots, develop game production notes
- Provide direction for game night entertainment
- Handle prize fulfillment for sponsored promotions
- Serve as industry category expert and manage account categorizations for NBA STAR reports.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential element at a high level. The employee must also have the following qualifications:
- College Degree (Sport Marketing/Advertising/Marketing ideal) with 4+ years of practical experience in sports sponsorships
- Experience or general knowledge of sales tactics and client management
- Knowledge of print, broadcast, and premium production processes
- Computer knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Outlook) with graphic design experiences a plus
- Attention to detail is critical
- Strong organization and strong communication skills – writing skills are especially important
- Ability to properly prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to work with many different personality types
- Be comfortable working in an intense and fast paced environment
- Time management
- Self motivation (ability to work independently)
- Able to work all home games and sponsored special events – including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to lift and carry boxes up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
Environment Work Conditions:
Normal office environment. No unusual circumstances.
Premium Sales Account Executive – Dallas Mavericks (Dallas, TX)
Full/Part: Full Time
Category: Ticket Sales
If you have a competitive personality, a proven track record of success in sales and excellent communication skills, we invite you to apply for this premium ticket sales position.
Main responsibility will be selling premium ticket products, including season ticket packages, theater boxes, nightly suite rentals and season suite leases.
- Meet or exceed established yearly revenue goals.
- Prospect and cold call companies for new business development opportunities, selling either face-to-face or over phone.
- Conduct sales conversations via phone presentations, in-office meetings/presentations and meetings at the American Airlines Center.
- Accountable for structuring weekly out-of-office presentations and submitting all required reports on time.
- Meet weekly outbound call expectations.
- Target individual game ticket buyers in premium locations and discuss season ticket opportunities.
- Entertain premium prospects at creative events and also during games at American Airlines Center.
- Dedicated to continual education of the sales process and implementing strategies from training into daily sales efforts.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all individual and department goals.
- Continually be bringing new ideas and initiatives to management, to help better the entire sales department.
- Develop and grow relationships with current clients to increase selling opportunities through exceptional service and referrals.
- Enter all pertinent prospect and customer information in Salesforce for efficient reporting and historical data purposes.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strategic thinking and personal leadership skills.
- Work well in a team selling environment and ability to collaborate with others.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and prioritize daily effort.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to communicate effectively with prospects, customers and internal team.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Ability to work irregular hours, event coverage and weekends.
- Reliable transportation to reach the market on outside sales appointments.
- Strong work ethic and drive to excel.
- Strong background in selling premium tickets.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire to build a career in ticket sales.
- 2+ years of outstanding performance in commission-based sales position.
- Maintain computerized records of all touch points with clients and prospects through Salesforce.
- College degree preferred.
This is a full time position that is salaried plus commission and we offer an outstanding benefit program.
Submit resume via email word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include salary history.