Premium Sales Account Executive – Dallas Mavericks
Full/Part: Full Time
Category: Ticket Sales
If you have a competitive personality, a proven track record of success in sales and excellent communication skills, we invite you to apply for this premium ticket sales position. Main responsibility will be selling premium ticket products, including season ticket packages, theater boxes, nightly suite rentals and season suite leases.
- Prospect and cold call companies for new business development opportunities, selling either face-to-face or over phone.
- Meet weekly outside sales appointment expectations, setting face-to-face meetings with business owners and C-Level executives.
- Accountable for structuring weekly out-of-office presentations and submitting all required reports on time.
- Meet weekly outbound call expectations.
- Target individual game ticket buyers in premium locations and discuss season ticket opportunities.
- Entertain premium prospects at creative events and also during games at American Airlines Center.
- Dedicated to continual education of the sales process and implementing strategies from training into daily sales efforts.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all individual and department goals.
- Continually be bringing new ideas and initiatives to management, to help better the entire sales department.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic and drive to excel.
- Strong background in selling premium tickets.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a career in ticket sales.
- 2+ years of outstanding performance in commission-based sales position.
- Maintain computerized records of all touch points with clients and prospects with our CRM system.
- Commitment to work as long and hard as necessary to achieve personal and company goals, including game nights and outside events.
- College degree preferred.
This is a full time position that is salaried plus commission and we offer an outstanding benefit program.
Director of Community Relations & Mavs Foundation
Department Name: Community Relations and Mavs Foundation
Position Reports to: VP Marketing & Communications
Director of Community Relations & Mavs Foundation is responsible for leading and managing all community relations and Mavs Foundation efforts, while working closely with leadership teams and external partners to meet business objectives.
Essential Elements and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, planning, implementing, analyzing, managing & budgeting all community relations programs and department initiatives
- Fulfill all league mandated NBA Cares initiatives including education programs, Hoops for Troops, NBA FIT, NBA Green, Season of Giving and all relatable Mavs programming
- Collaborate with community based organizations and programs that align with department strategy & Mavs brand, ensuring maximum positive exposure for department and organization
- Create new community initiatives and pitch programs to Corporate Sales department, ensuring Mavs partner support & opportunities to grow Mavs community outreach
- Partner with other areas of business to understand business initiatives and goals, and to drive sales and/or visibility by leveraging community relationships and sponsorships
- Update and recap all community outreach and events through mavs.com, game day Tipoff program, in-game videos, etc.
- Research, create, organize and lead staff-wide employee volunteer program
- Responsible for administration of the Mavs Foundation, ensuring the integrity of the mission statement
- Raise public awareness about the Mavs Foundation, its mission, and reach in the community
- Supervise all grant applications, non-profit correspondence and Mavs Foundation board meetings
- Manage the flow of incoming grant requests and conduct follow up and analysis, including site visits to non-profit partners, to determine and communicate funding decisions
- Identify, contact and build relationships with key community organizations and leaders
- Create and organize all fundraisers, including but not limited to: North Texas Giving Day, Gala, Silent Auctions
- Attend non-profit fundraisers and events, nurturing relationships with organizations & building donor base for Mavs Foundation endeavors
- Create new and impactful nonprofit partnerships, building relationships both nationally and locally to maximize internal and external storytelling opportunities
- Build relationships with school districts & community organizations within 75 miles of American Airlines Center
- Develop detailed reports and analysis of programs to showcase impact for internal and external audiences
- Represent Mavs Foundation & Community Relations at outreach and special events
- Partner closely with Corporate Communications team to promote company sponsored events and strategic philanthropic outreach programs
- Create an annual report and recap video overviewing CR and Foundation efforts
- Oversee all team autograph signings
- Manage Community Relations & Foundation messaging among all channels: web, CR’s social sites, media, etc.
- Manage Community Relations & Mavs Foundation team, including Coordinator & Intern, and any expansion of department
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related field, preferably sport management, public relations, journalism or marketing
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with all types of people, including staff and senior-level management, professional and elite athletes, members of media, corporate representatives and children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and development
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and highly confidential matters related to organization and Foundation
All resumes and salary history should be forwarded to email@example.com
DESIGNER – DALLAS MAVERICKS
Candidate will produce effective design solutions for all advertising, branding, and game collateral materials for the Dallas Mavericks. This includes in-game, print and digital collateral, out of home, email marketing, apparel, corporate sponsor initiatives, ticket sales material, and more. Candidate will be responsible for the visual marketing identity of the Dallas Mavericks brand.
- Bachelors degree preferred. B.A. or B.F.A. in Visual Communications or other related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience preferred, but candidate will be evaluated on skills and portfolio of work.
- Candidates must demonstrate expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Candidate will be responsible to create brochures, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, signage, displays, logos, product labels, infographic illustrations, icons, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, e-newsletters, banner ads, exhibition design, and interactive designs for internal and external print and web use.
- Develop, update, and manage existing InDesign files and other marketing material as needed.
- Candidates must possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to develop effective solutions to marketing problems.
- Time management and ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment a must.
- File management and organizational skills a must.
- Must possess the ability to work creatively and proactively in a team environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated.
- Candidate must demonstrate a focus on detail with the ability to visually communicate ideas from concept to execution.
Provide portfolio link and resume. No calls please.
Corporate Sponsor Account Executive
The Dallas Mavericks have an immediate opening for a Corporate Sponsor Sales Executive. This position sells and services Dallas Mavericks corporate sponsorships and advertising through a variety of mediums including TV, radio, print, internet,, signage, corporate promotions, hospitality, special event, grassroots and community relations efforts.
Responsibilities and duties include the prospecting of new corporate sponsors/advertisers, building and presenting custom tailored proposals meeting existing and new sponsors’ marketing objectives, maintain follow-up meetings to reach sponsorship agreement/contract, fulfillment and execution of all sponsorship agreements/contracts and renewing and increasing investment of all sponsorship agreements at year end.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills to perform the position requirements successfully. Five years of sales experience, a college degree in business, advertising/marketing, communications or related field experience in radio, TV or sports marketing is helpful.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills is required, ability to interact with and build relationships with new and existing clients, ability to work well with other team members and the ability to work long hours ( ie., during the season) , possess a professional demeanor be detail oriented, persistent, creative, computer literate with individual accountability.
If interested and you possess these qualifications, send your resume along with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word document attachment or fax to 214-658-7121.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to the attention to Buddy Pittman either on line to email@example.com, in a word document attachment, or via fax to 214-658-7121.
The Dallas Mavericks are an Equal Opportunity Employer.